(I didn't know there was an Ebonics translation of the Bible...)

 No, it doesn't say he was in the sky, and there are a few paintings that do
show him and Moses and Elijah on the ground--but as you say, most have them
floating in the air.

 There is some really stunning artwork of the Transfiguration, especially
Byzantine. The Wikipedia page on the Transfiguration has several here and there
on the page and then a bunch at the bottom. Here's my favorite, a portable icon
done in mosaic, c. 1200:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Transfiguration_Christ_Louvre_ML145.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Transfiguration_Christ_Louvre_ML145.jpg

Click underneath the picture for larger sizes (it really needs to be seen
larger).

 And there was the transfiguration,  some time before crucifixion, in which
Peter, James and John saw Jesus in his glory with Moses and Elijah at his side
and a booming voice from the sky saying "this is MY son in whom I am be
pleased"(  a touch of Ebonics).  I'm not sure if the Bible actually says they
were floating in the sky or if it's that just about any painting you see,
depicting this event, has them in the sky.