I have a very simple justification for TM. It works. The practice mechanically
allows my sense of myself to expand. Many times this has brought me into
conflict with a facet of my self, or my life, that I did not want to face. The
way through such circumstances, I found, is not to meditate more, but rather
address what has been brought up. The practice itself, is easy and refreshing.
However, like all things in life, there is another side to it. There is a lot
of hard work, self reflection, and unbiased glimpses of one's truth, that occur
along with TM 20 min. 2x/day, over the years.

Take it, or leave it - However, I find this simple alternation of TM, and its
subsequent integration into daily life, is challenge enough for me, vs.
questioning the basis or meaning of the tradition or teacher, it comes from. If
it keeps working, I'll do it. If it stops working, I won't. After so many years
[of doing TM], it really does boil down to just that.

BTW, how was the stew?