of course they are lying about it - that's their stock in trade
On Wed, 1/15/14, anartax...@yahoo.com <anartax...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Apostasy, is a terrible thing.
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 4:58 AM

       'Apostasy is the
 formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation of
 a religion by a person. One who commits apostasy is known as
 an apostate.'
 As I never was the member of
 any religion, I cannot ever be correctly accused of
 apostasy. As the TM org claims it is not a religion, so no
 one can ever be correctly accused for disafilliating or
 abandoning TM as apostasy (unless of course the TM org is
 lying about that claim).

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

 Practicing
 Meditators in general take
 pride in being meditators who have made great sacrifices for
 their practice.

 “I recognize no political divisions,
 no political parties.  I recognize only meditators.”

 Apostasy is a terrible thing.
 -Buck

 The
 danger comes when it  (apostasy) is made public, like that a
 Muslim
 has stopped believing in the principles of
 Islam.

 There
 is no compassion for Muslims who "betray their
 faith" by
 converting to other religions or who simply stop believing
 in one God
 and the Prophet Muhammad.

 And,
 in most cases, the family itself disowns a person who
 becomes an
 apostate.

 Conversion,
 or apostasy, is also a crime under Afghanistan's Islamic
 law and is
 punishable by death.

 In
 some instances, people may even take matters into their own
 hands and
 beat an apostate to death without the case going to
 court.

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25732919