--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> MMY was not a personal guru and said so many times. How could he, with
so many followers? At my TTC in Fiuggi, there were over 2,000 teachers.
Just getting the mantras of initiation took about 1-1/2 hours of waiting
to go through the whole process.

>  A personal guru (like Shri Yukteshwar) gives strict guideline to help
form the personality of a student. Self-evaluation is part of that
practice.

>  What MMY gave was simple - practice your own culture's ethics and
teach TM. He only gave a general outline about yama-niyama once (at
Humbolt TTC). He may have taught more elsewhere but he was moving the TM
Movement and that was his focus.

>  Robin probably didn't get anything more than anyone else.

Maharishi wouldn't have been *able* to give any advice to anyone having
actual experiences of higher states of consciousness, never having
experienced them himself. He did the same thing with everyone who ever
claimed such experiences -- blow them off with a hearty "Something good
is happening" and go back to selling beginner meditation to people who
thought it was advanced.