Maybe your experience isn't the be-all and end-all for everybody, Share, not to
mention that you haven't had the sort of sudden profoundly transformative
experience Robin had. In any case, Robin got all kinds of positive feedback;
nobody questioned his enlightenment. "Life" didn't make it obvious, or even
evident, that self-evaluation was needed until years down the line when his
group fell apart--and once that happened, he embarked on 25 years of
self-evaluation and self-reform.

 Also, I can't imagine a teacher not at least offering guidance to a disciple
whose experience of himself and of the world has been so utterly and
unexpectedly changed without any preparation, even if the disciple doesn't ask
for it.

 FWIW, Robin has never blamed Maharishi for what happened to him. That was my
suggestion, not his. Robin has never blamed anyone but himself.

 And finally, I find the notion that one should never feel shame for one's
mistakes contemptible.

 << Judy, I don't think self evaluation is something that a disciple needs to
demand. In my experience, life makes it obvious when self evaluation is needed!
On second thought, I think empty meant that if the guru emphasizes experience,
meaning spiritual experience, then the disciple will go with that, perhaps
ignoring the feedback he or she is getting from life, from all the other
experiences he or she is having, assuming that one is have more than just
spiritual experiences since one is still in a body!

It could be that Maharishi realized that, as you say above, Robin thought he
didn't need guidance and thus Maharishi didn't offer it.

Many people, myself included, have gone outside of the TMO to get what we need
in terms of healing and continuing human development. As I've said before, that
I've been able to do this proves to me that the TMO is not a cult.

IMO it's good if people simply learn from their mistakes without the need to
blame and or feel ashamed of their mistakes. >>

 On Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:48 AM, "authfriend@..." <authfriend@...>