--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> I'd ride with 'em, I ain't prejudiced agin rich folk.

Personally, I suspect that the planet would be better off if we managed
to get all 85 of these people on one bus, and then threatened them with
driving the bus off a cliff with them on it unless they signed over all
of their money to the poor people they fucked over to get it. After they
signed, then we'd take the signed papers, get off the bus and push it
over the edge anyway, and then redistribute the funds.

But that may just be how I feel today, after having been forced to sit
through "The Wolf Of Wall Street." I now completely agree with
everything said in the open letter
<http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2013/12/26/an-open-letter-to-the-maker\
s-of-the-wolf-of-wall-street-and-the-wolf-himself>   written by
Christina McDowell, daughter of one of the real-life scumbags who worked
with the real-life Jordan Belfort. I think that Martin Scorcese,
Leonardo DiCaprio, and all of the other producers who glorified greed
and immorality in this film should be sentenced to spend the rest of
their lives doing "community service" by making movies about the "little
people" these real-life scumbags ripped off, and whose lives they
ruined.

Those of you who mouth off about misogyny, you really haven't even
*seen* misogyny until you've seen this movie. There is not a woman in
the film who isn't portrayed as a bimbo, a hooker, and just one more
rube to be fucked and fucked over. I literally had to take a shower
after watching it.

The experience made me rethink Martin Scorcese's work as a whole. Yes,
he has made the occasional film that *doesn't* celebrate greed,
corruption, and misogyny (although the only ones I can think of right
now are "Hugo," "The Last Temptation of Christ," and "Kundun"), but
those subjects have been the focus of and the preoccupation of almost
*all* of his other films. Only 3 films as a director out of 55 *not*
about slimeballs. And his next film is going to be about Frank Sinatra.
What a fuckin' waste of creative talents.

> On Tue, 1/21/14, TurquoiseB turquoiseb@... wrote:
>
>  Subject: [FairfieldLife] New meaning for Kesey's "Are you on the bus
or off the bus?"
>  To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
>  Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 8:19 AM
>
>        According to a recent
>  OXFAM report the 85 people who own *half of the planet's
>  wealth* could all fit onto this bus:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/17/oxfam-bus-wealth_n_4616103.ht\
ml