 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: New meaning for Kesey's "Are you on the bus or
off the bus?"
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 1:58 PM

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson
 wrote:

 > I'd ride with 'em, I ain't prejudiced agin
 rich folk.

 Personally, I suspect that the
 planet would be better off if we managed to get all 85 of
 these people on one bus, and then threatened them with
 driving the bus off a cliff with them on it unless they
 signed over all of their money to the poor people they
 fucked over to get it. After they signed, then we'd take
 the signed papers, get off the bus and push it over the edge
 anyway, and then redistribute the funds.

 But that may just be how I feel today, after having been
 forced to sit through "The Wolf Of Wall Street." I
 now completely agree with everything said in the open
 letter  written by Christina McDowell, daughter of one of the
 real-life scumbags who worked with the real-life Jordan
 Belfort. I think that Martin Scorcese, Leonardo DiCaprio,
 and all of the other producers who glorified greed and
 immorality in this film should be sentenced to spend the
 rest of their lives doing "community service" by
 making movies about the "little people" these
 real-life scumbags ripped off, and whose lives they ruined.

 Those of you who mouth off about misogyny, you really
 haven't even *seen* misogyny until you've seen this
 movie. There is not a woman in the film who isn't
 portrayed as a bimbo, a hooker, and just one more rube to be
 fucked and fucked over. I literally had to take a shower
 after watching it.

 The experience made me rethink Martin Scorcese's work as
 a whole. Yes, he has made the occasional film that
 *doesn't* celebrate greed, corruption, and misogyny
 (although the only ones I can think of right now are
 "Hugo," "The Last Temptation of Christ,"
 and "Kundun"), but those subjects have been the
 focus of and the preoccupation of almost *all* of his other
 films. Only 3 films as a director out of 55 *not* about
 slimeballs. And his next film is going to be about Frank
 Sinatra. What a fuckin' waste of creative talents.

 > On Tue, 1/21/14, TurquoiseB turquoiseb@... wrote:
 >
 >  Subject: [FairfieldLife] New meaning for Kesey's
 "Are you on the bus or off the bus?"
 >  To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 >  Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 8:19 AM
 >
 >        According to a recent
 >  OXFAM report the 85 people who own *half of the
 planet's