--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> Do you know Crumb? I am a great admirer of that guy, although I was
probably more affected by Gilbert Shelton and Steve Clay Wilson. I mean
who wouldn't love to kick back after a few hits of hash and read the
latest issue of Cap'n Pissgums and his Pervert Pirates?

Robert was my friend, landlord, and next-door neighbor during the years
I lived in Sauve, in the south of France. I consider him one of the most
interesting people I've ever met on this planet.

FYI, Robert is a total teetotaler and non-druggie, and has been since
the 60s. He meditates every day, using his own method, and when it comes
down to kicking back (without the hash) and discussing pretty much any
aspect of spirituality -- Eastern or Western -- he can more than hold
his own.