You are right, it was the book Genesis
On Sat, 2/1/14, TurquoiseB <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Philip K. Dick was smarter than you, and earlier
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014, 10:12 AM

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson
 wrote:

 > It will probably give you all the willies to know that
 Crumb did an illuminated Holy Bible - not a send up , not a
 parody, but an illustrated Bible with his art work.

 Not the entire Bible...just the
 book of Genesis. It's been called a masterwork, and
 stands as the *only* version of Genesis that illustrated
 every verse of the text in history.

 wrote:

 >  Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Philip K. Dick was
 smarter than you, and earlier
 >  To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 >  Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014, 2:46 AM

 >  ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, s3raphita@
 >  wrote:
 >
 >  I always found Crumb's
 >  "comix" disturbing, violent and
 misogynistic. I
 >  particularly hated the Fritz the Cat animated
 >  film.A vision of life so cynical has to be
 >  a complete dead end.
 >  His
 >  graphics are ugly, grotesque and leave me feeling
 rather
 >  bereft. I always wonder what is inside someone that
 allows
 >  for this strange hideousness to become manifest, and
 in
 >  comic book form no less. Nope, not where I like to put
 my
 >  attention. Maybe it's a guy thing - those nipples
 were