If you haven't already done so you might want to read Carlsen's take on
Ayatollah Khomeini. To me he was clearly a cruel, narrow-minded fanatic with an
instinctive hatred of western ideas of freedom. But where I see black Carlsen
sees white. Follow the link for his portrait of the mad imam; but here's a
typical quote:
 "He did not smile once; his face was implacably set in the resolution of his
will; God demanded everything from him; he had given his life to serving God.
There was nothing to laugh at, to be amused at, to wonder about; his course had
been set and he was in the determined consequences of that course: to bring
Islam into the prominence which its divine genesis had portended. He lived for
Islam; he had become the instrument of Islam; he had no purpose but the
enactment of Islam. His individuality seemed merged with the universality of
his higher purpose."

 http://tinyurl.com/nbmpvj9 http://tinyurl.com/nbmpvj9