Duh. So sorry to disappoint you.

 No, I have not addressed the issue you raised.  By the way your comments on
the CBO report seem to be accurate.
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/02/the-aca-losing-job-vs-choosing-not-to-work/
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/02/the-aca-losing-job-vs-choosing-not-to-work/

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 And yet Xeno seemed to care enough to go dig up a post of Barry's from the
archives that I had quoted and (as I said) ostentatiously report that I had
misidentified the person Barry was referring to. His "not caring" appears to be
conspicuously selective. That's what I find odd. Perhaps needless to say, he
hasn't addressed that point.

 No it is not odd. I am old enough now that I just do not really care that much
about what people say. Lying and deception drive whole populations to behave in
certain ways, whether something is true or not does not mitigate the effects.
We live the effect of untruth all day long. It's in our brains, our
programming. Human misunderstandings, mistakes, 'deliberate' deceptions are a
part of life. One will go crazy trying to right every one. I would prefer to
think I have no standards at all rather than a double one. Everyone here on FFL
has at one time or another been hypocritical one way or another; there are too
many contradictions in life to avoid them all. Your crusade to end hypocrisy
simply has failed 100%. Long live injustice! For if you wish to have justice
alone, you will always be faced with its opposite. Comportment with truth has
nothing to do with any of this dualistic engagement.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 It's odd, isn't it, that most people here in this "place for the insane"
nevertheless manage to get their facts straight most of the time and ground
their opinions in those facts rather than in hallucinatory fantasies and
deliberate distortions, especially regarding other FFLers. Doesn't mean they
always get everything right, or that they're always fair, but they do make an
effort.

 What I suggested Xeno check on, of course, was a fact, not an opinion: Did
Robin make any "demands" in his final post, as Barry claims? It's pretty easy
to tell; you just have to read the post in question (for which I provided a
link).

 Xeno appears to think it's perfectly OK for Barry to tell outrageous
falsehoods and deliver wildly distorted "opinions" not based on fact but on his
own hostile fantasies. But Xeno went to some trouble to look up a quote from a
post of Barry's that I had accidentally misidentified as being about Robin when
it was about Ravi, and to make a post of his own carefully pointing out the
mistake.

 What's wrong with this picture? Why does Xeno feel compelled to defend Barry's
misstatements while ostentatiously pointing out one of my rare errors?

 Xeno, if he's honest with himself, knows Barry's portrayals of Robin, Ann, and
me do not accord with the reality. It really isn't the case that one opinion
has the same value as any other, not in the world most of us live in. And it
most certainly is the case that lies and misrepresentations have the same value
as facts and opinions based on facts.

 I would say Barry's memory is "exceptionally pliable," all right, but on a
scale of 1 to 10, that pliability is at least a 9, while that of most people
here--even Xeno's--is quite a few points lower. What accounts for the
difference? And why, pray tell, should Barry get a pass for exploiting that
pliability--especially with regard to people he doesn't like--because he enjoys
starting fires by saying things that aren't so and likes to bask in the heat?
How is this acceptable behavior, to deliberately slander people?

 Xeno claims to live in a different world than the rest of us--one in which
everyday values like honesty don't count--but he seems to want to participate
in our world as well while importing his own value-free outlook in his
commentaries with regard to the folks he sides with, and applying everyday
values to those he doesn't like.

 That strikes me as pretty shoddy behavior. Such double standards are
hypocritical, to say the least, in the world most of us here live in.

 << Barry does not seem to aspire to the kind of precision you enjoy. He seems
mostly to rely on his writing skills and memory when posting on FFL. And we all
know human memory is exceptionally pliable. He posts things he is interested
in, occasionally replies to people, and there is a certain category of his
posting that is designed to keep the rats running on their treadmill, a
Pavlovian thing. So checking on Barry's claims is largely a waste of time as he
is proffering opinions, not facts, and is stoking the campfire so he can bask
in the heat generated. He has to deal with certain factual material if he is
writing about science for clients. If there other places in his life for such
concepts as facts and truth, it probably is not here on FFL. This place is for
the insane; perhaps there are a few amateur sociologists and researchers
hanging in here collecting data, but who might they be? >>