On 2/13/2014 10:31 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> we gone have it better here - when Gov. Nikki gits through, we gone
> have the right to carry openly or concealed any kinder weapon we wants
> ta, without no tranin' neither! - bang bang, bam bam! What a fine
> state to live in!

If you are insane or if you are a convicted criminal you cannot own a
firearm in SC or in IA. And, it is against a federal law that you cannot
own a machine gun or saw off the end of your shotgun. However, if you do
prefer to be armed with a pistol I would suggest that in public you
conceal your weapon - never show your gun unless you plan to use it to
defend yourself. In fact, the best plan would be to never tell anyone
you even carry a pistol on your person or keep one in your car or at
your home. According to Sun Tzu in the Art of War, the best line of
defense is to have no enemies. That being said, the last place you would
want to be is in a gun fight without a gun. Go figure.