Actually, "contradiction" and "bait-and-switch" are both misnomers in this
case. With a "classic" bait-and-switch, they won't sell you what they were
promoting, but only something more expensive. And "TM is all you need" isn't
contradicted by the fact that there are lots of other offerings. The issue is,
"all you need" for what? In the case of most attending TM intro lectures, what
they're looking for is a simple method for managing stress. For those few who
are after enlightenment, the "all you need" assertion is merely
incomplete--e.g., "TM is all you need to become enlightened (but it'll probably
take a long time if you don't avail yourself of the various enhancements we
offer)."

 I won't weigh in on the Subject question because...uh...Duh. Nothing to
discuss. Done deal.

 What still amuses me are some of the direct contradictions that the cultists
managed to embrace, and in some cases still embrace. I'm talking about
self-contradictory teachings, which almost every TMer and TM teacher managed to
not notice *were* contradictory, often for years or decades.

 Let's take one of the earliest teachings: "TM is all you need." That was,
after all, the way it was presented by Maharishi early in the game. He taught
TM teachers to parrot this line, and they did -- faithfully -- in intro
lectures. Often they gave these lectures while on their way to an ATR course
they had to pay for, or to get a new technique that was the latest and thus the
bestest thing. In other words, they *taught* that "TM is all you need," but
were part of an organization that not only sold TM, it sold any number of
"add-on" products, ranging from "advanced techniques" to the Sidhis to yagyas
to ayur-vedic potions, to astrology (Jyotish) and even to houses. Some of the
products this organization sold cost a million dollars. Classic "bait and
switch," and yet people failed to even notice the contradiction. Go figure.