Sorry, Salyavin, but that's such a crappy and ignorant argument, a whopping
category error. The theist doesn't believe in one god among "other possible
gods." It's akin to the difference between Brahma the Creator and Brahman, the
Absolute. The theist isn't narrowing the field to Brahma alone or Shiva alone
or Vishnu alone. And the issue isn't whether Brahman exists; Brahman is
existence itself, Beingness, the necessary condition for anything to exist in
the first place (including Brahma and Shiva and Vishnu, if any of them take
one's fancy).

 That's not an argument in favor of believing in Brahman, it's just to point
out what a shoddy argument Roberts is posing to the theist.

 "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen Roberts