Re "an idea that is dying out, with the older, ignorant generations.": I think
this old saw "The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to
acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken" still has a way to run.
Most people today have completely bought in to the whole consumerist ethic and
think that material goods will bring them fulfilment. What will happen when the
retail therapy stops working and they realise they've been well and truly
bamboozled?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Agreed, Ann - this tired old saw about not being able to change, once we know
something, is outmoded and an idea that is dying out, with the older, ignorant
generations.