It refers to folks like Buck and Nabby and Feste
On Sat, 2/22/14, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Empathy versus cruelty
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 2:49 AM

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...>
 wrote:

 “One of the
 saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been
 bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of
 the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out
 the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too
 painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been
 taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost
 never get it back.”
 I actually
 disagree with this quote. You are proof that this is not so.
 You feel you were bamboozled yet you have come out the other
 side and refuse to be bamboozled any longer. In fact, you
 are trying your damnedest to reveal the dirty secrets of the
 bamboozlers. (Isn't that a great word?!)

 ― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle
 in the Dark

 My thanks to Kyle who brought this to my attention.

  On Fri, 2/21/14, dhamiltony2k5@...
 <dhamiltony2k5@...>