Music is an art form and it will take many forms of expression. The arts in their nature are spiritual in that they have a powerful ability to shift consciousness and emotions.

Musicians struggle with the terms for the public for musical pieces (or in some cases sound pastiches). "Serious" seems a bit too serious if you consider that many of the famous orchestral composers stole tunes from their local tavern. "Classical" refer to a period in music and the arts, just as there are "impressionist" and "romanticist" periods too.

Best not to be bothered by such labels and enjoy freedom of expression while we still have it.