 How do you think lurkers perceive you, Barry? Just curious. Do you think they
perceive your own behavior as repetitive, and what you focus on as largely
unchanging?

 BTW, you didn't actually make the point you thought you made, because your
"profiles" didn't come close to accurately representing the behavior of the
people you chose as examples. Obviously, lurkers will perceive the actual
people differently from how they perceive your crude cartoons.

 It's weird but when I read what Bawwy wrote about "lurkers" I had this
realization that he imagines there is an audience of at least hundreds out
there reading his stuff. I had this sense that he fantasizes that he is writing
to masses of people who just love his "work". This was a moment of realization
for me that partly explained what he is doing here and why he religiously posts
every day using himself and his evolved sense of the the world and how it
should be as the center of every subject. I'm starting to get the larger
picture now. Maybe Bawwy thinks he's going to meet his soulmate or be asked to
start a writing group based on the treasure trove of material he has
contributed to FFL.

 I wrote it for fun, but also to make a point. A *lot* of people on this forum
seem to think that they are "normal," or even admirable, and that lurkers might
perceive them that way. Many of the people who think this way seem to be of the
belief that what they SAY in words is how they are perceived by these lurkers.
Given what I know about human nature, t'ain't true. They are perceived and
evaluated on the basis of their repetitive behavior, and on the basis of what
they seem to focus on -- day after day, week after week, month after month, and
in some cases, decade after decade. If the lurkers feel that this *behavior* is
odd or unusual or...let's face it, a little crazy, then they aren't going to
think the people acting out that behavior are terribly normal.