---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 The current physiological model used to explain PC explains why it is
impossible to have sensory perception OR mental perception during the "pure"
state of PC.

 It is possible that the model is wrong. It is also possible taht you are an
exception to the rule.

 That doesn't seem very likely, I don't think brains are that different in
their reaction to the same stimulus. Unless I've been doing it wrong all these
years.

 It is also possible that what you call PC sin't what others call PC.

 That's more likely but pure awareness is going to have a component of
awareness or it isn't consciousness at all. Perhaps I'm just years ahead of the
rest of you...

 L.

 Lawson said:
 '...PC is without any kind of perception at all -sensory, thinking, intuition,
whatever.'

 I never liked this idea of PC, I had loads of experiences of what I would call
Pure Consciousness and they didn't involve being unconscious, rather like a
giant mirror reflecting nothing. When I got the hang of it I could decide
whether to have thoughts or not. Don't say that it can't have been PC if I
could have desires, like everything in that state it all lays dormant until you
want it back, but as soon as you become aware of something in the environment
or your body (such as not breathing) the spell would break.

 More later.