 So at what point did the price raising come?

 Long before we became Scorpionland, about 1999 during or just before the NATO
strike on Yugoslavia. But it went up even more just before the Iraq war. I'm
not saying there is a connection myself. It was just a constant game to raise
money. It backfired anyway.

 What I mean is, did M raise the price of TM and exhort everyone to teach as
many as possible which resulted in some Governors going rogue and teaching for
a lesser price directly contrary to what Marshy wanted before the scorpion
nation deal?

 Yes.

 Or did that happen after The UK was no longer a scorpion nation?

 And who was it that stood up in the conference call and suggested lowering the
price, was it Chris Greathead or Colin Beckley?

 LOL, it was Colin. I sat in on that one and applauded his balls in standing up
for himself. It went like this "Maharishi wants us to concentrate on raising
coherence and to do this we need more people doing group flying but mostly we
need new meditators"

 Colin Beckley says "Well why don't we lower the price so we can teach more!"

 Seemed reasonable but you don't question decisions of the reesh, especially
with non-governors listening in.

 It went on for ages getting really heated. Most teachers would argue that the
amount they teach stays the same regardless of cost and that high prices
encourage people who are more likely to keep doing it. I think that's a bit of
True Believerism myself, adjusting your beliefs to stay in favour when things
are beyond your control.

 Colin's point was that he taught in an area with a large student population
and they'd always laugh when he told them the price at the end of an intro
talk. Most students struggle to buy second hand clothes let alone fork out £500
for meditation classes. I never met Colin but he was apparently a keen and
devoted teacher who thought that Marshy had made a big mistake. Of course, the
idea that Marshy was capable of making mistakes is enough to seriously raise
eyebrows.

  Anyway, he quit after that. But after Marshy died the price came down very
swiftly to it's current structure which matches to earnings, and then you can
get grants from David Lynch I think.

 On Wed, 4/2/14, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com