This is all an interesting consideration about Transcendental Meditation. Very
much like Brahmananda Saraswati, our Guru Dev, meditators here
characteristically are very practical, down to earth and real in their
spirituality. You have read the discourses of Guru Dev, Maharishi's teacher?
People here are quite experienced spiritually. For instance meditators well
know that if there is no useful shakti in something presented as spiritual then
they will mostly go on to the next satsanga. Yes, there is a wide
disheartenment in the old community of TM teachers and meditators with the
specialness a Raja stick in TM. Even the TM.org is hiding the gold foil hats
and robes of the Rajas. What were they thinking coming in to that meeting in
full regalia? Certainly they considered it. That would have been a good
question to have asked of Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam [MAR], CEO and Teacher of
all of TM from the open Microphone at the meeting and heard an explaination of
their need to wear that stuff in public. Nablusoss, you seem to have been
around that more than anyone posting here. Maybe you can take a whack at the
reasoning that they would come to visit America dressed like that. After
morning meditation right now I got some work today with my livestock to move
them out to green pastures and I don't got time towards to representing that
POV on behalf of them here. Alex is related to it, may be he has some insight
about the 'why' of gold foil hats. It is a question everyone asks about the
meeting, “did they wear the hats?”. Notably, John Hagelin did not wear that
stuff. That proly took some guts. Personally I am partial to a golden straw
Amish broad brimmed hat for summer work.
 Out standing in his fields,
 -Buck

 mjackson74 writes:
 God Almighty, what can you say to such shit thinking. Rather than being small
minded, it shows they have retained some independence of thinking and have not
been completely ruined, but you Nazi minded fellow who goose steps in lock step
with whomever you think is the biggest cheese on the block want to say there is
something wrong with their "practice" - and it all boils down to whomever Benjy
Creme, a shameless fraud himself who ripped off his schtick from CW Leadbeater,
designates as the Big Cheese. But you are right - there is something wrong with
their practice - they are doing a mediocre meditation which is really a Hindu
devotional practice designed to get Hindu gods to give 'em a whole bunch of
stuff. Looks like the Hindu gods gave 'em the booby prize when they "blessed"
them with the rajas.

 Nablusoss1008 writes:

 Buck, if they are so
 small-minded about how someone dress (!) something must
 be not right with their practice. Such a narrow-mindedness is unhealthy and
indicates that something not right is going
 on in the top floor. I can't understand how they can
 express such silliness, take a look at what the Indians just
 did:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-27031180These
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-27031180These people in
 Fairfield really, really needs a checking to get out of
 those small boundries which obviously are bothering them.
 You know that group-checkings are easy to do, why don't
 you organize it ?

 Yes, the Raja part
 of TM is such a small
 circle in TM and of the larger TM community but people do
 wonder if they
 are going to keep doing it. When you talk to meditators in
 the
 community there is a general disheartenment that those guys
 wear that
 stuff representing the movement and the meditating community
 here.
 Generally you ask people here if they are meditators and the
 meditators respond saying, “yes, but not that.. .”,
 pointing in
 the general direction of campus and Vedic
 City.-Buck

 Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: !Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam is Coming
 to Fairfield!
 Afterwords,
 out in the Dome entry area
 and on the sidewalks to the parking areas as the meeting

 closed and

 people left: a big WTF reaction was, that they actually
 came

 wearing

 the gold foil hats and robes and stuff. I can't say

 that Alex's

 brother or some of those others following after

 Maharaja Adhiraj

 Rajaraam also in full regalia did not necessarily look or

 seem

 particularly ethereal in the cult outfit. Though that
 might

 have

 just been the bad light on them. It did sort of look and

 feel like

 The Return of the King set for The Lord of the

 Rings.

 It was just a little narcissistic.

 However, Hagelin and our other movement dignitaries seated

 on stage

 facing the crowd were dressed secular in suits and such.

 Generally

 was dignity and was all more corporate than cult. Lots of

 good

 people with high-mindedness and well-intentioned. Deserves

 only a

 watching and of course transparency to see. It was a good

 meeting of

 the remaining meditating community.

 -Buck in the Dome

 mjackson74 asks:

 What

 did he say about the relationship of the US movement to

 Girish?

 No,

 he was not asked about that so did not get to that.

  Uptown that readily gets asked by meditators but it

 was not asked last night for him to comment on.
  Nobody

 spoke about that.   That as a larger community
 question

 Is still unresolved, as in not spoken

 to. -Buck

 sharelong60:

 Nablusoss, here in the states some

 FFers hie off in winter to a place in Florida called Vero

 Beach. Probably not as nice as Nice (-:

 Anyway, yes the meeting was good, though it went a little

 too late for my preference. imo Dr. Nader embodies a loving

 heart and brilliant mind and down to earth practicality. I

 think Maharishi chose wisely when he chose him.

 nablusoss1008

 writes:

 Very nice report Buck, thanks for posting. I'll

 soon have a community meeting myself in Nice where I'm

 contemplating buying a house. Seems there are quite a few

 meditators down there in the sun
 :-)

 The
 Meeting.Was a Nice
 meditating community

 meeting. Non-meditators and townies would not have

 understood a lot

 of it. Though nothing was said that they could not have

 heard. It

 had some meditation news, some theoretical type of
 knowledge

 related to consciousness and meditation, some celebration,

 John Hagelin was a fun and

 witty MC, Bevan called in with some nice comments. We all

 got to

 sing the TM happy birthday song at a point in the end to
 our

 university's vice president. It was all nice.

 Maharaja Adhiraj

 Rajaraam, CEO of all of TM, acquitted himself very well.

 Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam and some of our TM Raja

 arrived in

 full regalia, in the hats and outfits having been driven to

 the Dome

 in their stretch limo.

 Context.After

 Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam

 was introduced briefly he spoke fondly of the Domes in

 Fairfield and their

 purpose. After that he turned to the open microphones for

 questions

 to answer. A usual sequence of touched community

 characters jumped

 to the mics. Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam did a really

 fine job of

 handling that.  Journalistically,

 earlier in the day in town asking and surveying

 around of what questions people would like to have asked of

 Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam, in rapid-fire people easily

 asked

 about the lack of transparency and financial statements,
 our

 relationship with Girish Varma, the Pundits, the Domes.

 Other than

 the fact that none of these questions or concerns of

 substance got

 much of a chance to be asked it was a good meditator

 meeting. He

 said he'll be back,Jai Guru

 Dev,-Buck

 [

 This

 meeting tonite is incredibly extremely really important for

 all of Transcendental Meditation.Maharaja Adhiraj
 Rajaraam,

 CEO of all of TM, will speak to the meditating

 community.

 Meeting

 with the Fairfield Meditating Community In the Golden

 Dome this

 Thursday evening, April

 17, starting

 at 8:00