On 5/1/2014 9:43 PM, curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com wrote:

It's all the same Unified Field once you get going.

C: Although Sam Harris practices a form of meditation that came from the Buddhist traditions he does not self identify himself as a Buddhist.

The concepts and practices of "Buddhism", according to Stephen Batchelor, are not something to believe in but */something to do/*. It is a practice that we can all engage in, regardless of our background or beliefs, as we live every day on the path to spiritual enlightenment.

Basic TM is Buddhist yoga - it may be that MMY should have left it at that and retired back in 1955 instead of muddying the waters, so to speak. Basic TM should be able to stand on its own. That's what I think.

Recommended:

'Buddhism Without Beliefs: A Contemporary Guide to Awakening'
by Stephen Batchelor
Riverhead Trade, 1998

---
is active.