Hmm, I always did wonder where Jesus learned English.

 Oh, Barry, you tiddlywink. I just want to hang you up by the collar of your
little sailor suit and pinch those chubby pink cheeks.

 (No kidding, folks, Barry's said a lot of unbelievably stupid things here,
especially recently. But this takes the cake.)

 Of course nobody knows what Jesus actually said, much less the "definitive"
interpretation thereof. Nabby and I were talking about what's in the Bible.
Just as one can discuss what Hamlet "really meant" in Shakespeare's play, one
can discuss what Jesus "really meant" according to the writers of the Gospels.
As it happens, "my interpretation" is that of most scholars and translators
these days, and I was explaining to Nabby how that interpretation fits the
context while Maharishi's doesn't.

 I think what's got your panties in a twist is the cognitive dissonance you
felt when you saw me telling Nabby Maharishi was no Bible scholar and had made
a bad mistake with his interpretation.

 If you have a good case to make for why "The Kingdom of God is within you" is
more likely what Jesus meant in the Gospels than "The Kingdom of God is among
you," I'm all ears. Nabby would surely be pleased if you were able to support
Maharishi's interpretation.

 We'll wait...

 Or are you possibly doing what The Corrector has done lately, and projecting
what *you* want to believe onto someone you consider an authority. She feels
safe with claiming to know the "definitive" interpretation of Jesus' words,
based solely on having read translations of what he is *reputed* to have said,
written down by other people.

    • [Fairfield... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... nablusoss1008
        • Re... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]