Ann has had Barry's number virtually from the beginning of her time here.

 Ann,

 Well said.  You're a very intelligent woman.

 John, since you persist in this somewhat presumptuous folly, I'd like you to
*document* why you believe it, and believe that *your* version of who can
transcend and who cannot seems to differ from Maharishi's. Please find and post
for us quotes from him that say what you claim, that only those who believe in
God can transcend.

 I seem to remember many lectures and writings in which he stated the opposite,
that "every human being can transcend." I remember in particular lectures in
which he was asked whether people of very low IQ or suffering from brain damage
could transcend, and he answered with an unequivocal "Of course. Anyone who can
think can transcend."

 I don't seem to remember very many quotes in which he added, "Everyone can
transcend...EXCEPT those who don't believe in God." It seems that you have
found these quotes, so please share them with us.

 Or are you possibly doing what The Corrector has done lately, and projecting
what *you* want to believe onto someone you consider an authority. She feels
safe with claiming to know the "definitive" interpretation of Jesus' words,
based solely on having read translations of what he is *reputed* to have said,
written down by other people. You seem equally comfortable supplying this
"missing phrase" to "complete" the teachings of someone who actually wrote his
*own* teachings down. Please share the source of your insights with us.

 If you cannot, please explain to us why we shouldn't consider them mere
examples of spiritual bigotry and hatred, spouted by someone anxious to impose
his notions of an Old Testament God onto Maharishi's notions of "Being" and
overwrite them...replace them with a vengeful, neurotic God who is willing (and
able) to deny experience of Him to anyone who does not believe as he or she
"should."

 Me, I just think you got your buttons pushed by a few people honestly stating
an opinion about the non-existence of an imaginary being you have heavily
invested in, and are trying to find some way to lash out at these heretics. In
your mind, you have found find ways to deny them both the ability to transcend,
and the ability to become enlightened. You seem unaware that doing so forces
you to contradict the person you claim to hold as your spiritual teacher, and
enlightened himself. I'd like to see you find direct quotes from this teacher
(Maharishi) that support your theory.

 If you cannot, I reserve the right to consider you Just Another Spiritual
Bigot, and a rather stupid one at that.

 We'll wait.

 You're a rude and ignorant fuck-up Bawee. Why don't you just shut up and butt
out and let civilized people engage in an intelligent and progressive exchange
of ideas. John is one of the more non-reactive and polite posters here. It's
great to see him engage on a subject that this forum seems to have been set up
investigate - actual exchanges about transcendence and spiritual or deeper life
experiences. You are just some snarly old poop who just has to burp in anyone's
direction who has an opinion different from your own. Take your shitty attitude
somewhere else or go have another beer. Either way, you add nothing of
relevance or interest to either this conversation or any subject that extends
in depth beyond what you can tell us CBS has for its Fall TV lineup.

      • Re: [F... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... merudanda
    • Re: [Fairf... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]