suggest either.

 From: "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

   Eh, well, it would be very exciting should it ever be proven to exist, for
many reasons.

 Of course, if it is some arbitrary non-TMer, who ends up floating and it turns
out to have nothing to do with spiritual growth ala TM, then I'd be sad on one
level and excited on another.

 Ahem. That sadness identifies you more of a "will to believe" person than a
"wish to find out" person. If you were the latter, there would be no
possibility of sadness or disappointment, n'est-ce pas?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Well, there's floating during TM-SIdhis pracice, and then there's floating
during daily activity. Allegedly someone fully in Unity could perform any and
all TM-SIdhis at any time, in any circumstance.

 But of course, MMY never demonstrated floating in public that I have heard of
and never said that he had floated, only that he could if he wanted to.

 I personally think this levitation thing is overrated. I'm happy when I just
witness someone being kind or generous or interesting. The only floaters I've
ever seen (and are likely to see) are in my own toilet bowl. That's it! I guess
Rama was just one big turd in the toilet bowl of life.

 From: "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

   Could they float?

 Apparently that was a minor test for immortality in Maharishi's eyes: if they
were well-enoughed established in Unity that they could float whenever they
wanted, they might be immortal.

Trying to ignore the nonsensical nature of the entire theory, I would suggest
that if you believe in it then you have to admit that Maharishi was never able
to float (levitate).

There are no "minor tests" for immortality. There is only one test, and it's
fairly major -- if you die, you're not.  :-)