salyavin, what do you think is the relationship between the mind and the
unified field? This is what I'm pondering about the last couple of months.

On Friday, May 16, 2014 3:52 PM, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

Curtis writes:
"The problem was that I don't think he [Maharishi] is right about human
consciousness."

My only question is: How do you know Maharishi is wrong, if you have not
completed the first step in his model of human conciousness, Cosmic
Consciousness?

J: I have never come across a more close-minded and idiotic perspective on TM.
Neither one of you is established in Being, and yet you say, without having
experienced it, and without knowing the first thing about Maharishi's model of
consciousness, that you deny it.

"Neither one of you is established in being" It's that phrase again. Language
is a big problem here. If I was to say I have an experience caused by my brain
having learnt over time to experience a separation of my thoughts and the way
the conscious substrate of qualia visualises 3 dimensional space, everyone
would say so what? But couch the perception in "holy" nomenclature and everyone
goes: Wow! are you really enlightened?

You don't have to have experienced what you call cosmic consciousness for very
long (or indeed at all) to know that Jim's claim that you need to have done to
have an opinion of it is in error. The model of consciousness as an unfolding
of/from some sort of unified field via seven stages is a description of a
change in awareness but that doesn't mean this poor analogy of Marshy's is in
any way an accurate description of how our brains work and integrate with the
world.

Consciousness isn't the unified field, but it seems like it is when you are in
that state - I have been there before you write in and complain - It's a trick
of the mind.