I am not a fan of Wilber.. I only read on of his books I think it was that one.
I believe he is an example of using physics poetry to make it seem as if we are
having a meaningful discussion about things we are not in a position to
meaningfully understand or discuss. He reminds me of Maharishi that way
although I believe he is probably more sincere about the physics connections
and believes his own rap. I do not believe that proof by analogy is useful
especially in non sensory realms. I get the limits of reductionism. The bigger
problem is that we don't have an intuitive basis to discuss what goes on in
subsensory areas like consciousness or at the field levels of matter..

But for me the first step would be to toss out all the assumptive pseudoscience
drivel spouted by people who don't have the math background necessary to
discuss these concepts meaningfully.

But wait, Hagelin DOES have the math! Shit, I don't know.

 On 5/16/2014 3:45 PM, curtisdeltablues@... mailto:curtisdeltablues@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:
 > High exposure leads to an erosion of the ability to distinguish
 > internal and external experiences.
 Where else but in our consciousness would knowledge be structured?

 According to Ken Wilber, consciousness is the having of perceptions,
 thoughts, and feelings; awareness. Scientists want to find an activity
 that has a neural correlate that is part of the brain or some kind of
 global pattern of brain activity. If found, there should be a predictive
 of conscious awareness and would be demonstrated with brain imaging
 techniques, such as EEG and fMRI.

 For TMers the most thorough account of the spiritual approach may be
 Wilber's book The Spectrum of Consciousness. Wilber compares western and
 eastern ways of thinking about the mind and consciousness. According to
 Wilber, consciousness is a spectrum. Ordinary awareness is at one end,
 and more profound types of awareness are found at higher levels.

 Work cited:

 'The Spectrum of Consciousness'
 by Ken Wilber
 pp. 3–16