Richard, I'd appreciate it if you'd be a little more careful with snipping.
You've erroneously attributed this bit about challenging Maharishi's
assumptions to me when it was Curtis who said it!

On Friday, May 16, 2014 4:52 PM, "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 5/16/2014 4:00 PM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
wrote:
> I challenge his fundamental assumption that  "knowledge is structured
> in consciousness." This is epistemological bogus and psychologically
> manipulative.

You've totally lost me on this one. It is a standard Vedanta and
Vajrayana theory first put forth by Asanga - that consciousness is the
ultimate reality. Apparently they don't teach Hindu Vedanta or Buddhist
Vajrayana philosophy at MUM. Go figure.

"Duality is only an appearance; non-duality is the real truth. The
object exists as an object for the knowing subject; but it does not
exist outside of consciousness because the distinction of subject and
object is within consciousness." (IV 25-27) Sharma, p. 245-246.

According to Sam Harris, to say that consciousness may only seem to
exist is to admit its existence in full—for if things seem any way at
all, that is consciousness. Consciousness is the one thing in this
universe that cannot be an illusion.

---
is active.