I think everyone understands the word he used, "nonjudgmental." And it fits
right in with New Age thinking about avoiding judgment. "Destroyed" makes no
sense. You can't destroy a word. Plus which, Sam Harris was born in 1967, right
at the beginning of the New Age.

 And finally, I doubt anyone is going to start mindfulness practice based
solely on Harris's definition.

 Your argument that it's his definition that's the problem is incredibly lame.
I suspect you picked up somewhere that mindfulness might have negative results
if it was misunderstood and have just been waiting to drop that idea into a
conversation here. But you chose the wrong place to drop it, which is why
you're having such trouble defending it.

 Judy, imo, the word judgement is one of those words that the so called New Age
has destroyed. But probably Sam Harris isn't aware of that.

 On Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:31 AM, "authfriend@... [FairfieldLife]"