On 6/1/2014 9:26 PM, emilymae...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Now Share knows who to attribute to her opinion that it was "succinctly and beautifully written". <smile>

Oh my Gawd!!! Richard quoted a review on Amazon by a fellow that quoted Randall Bassett almost verbatim from the book. Let's see - I've been posting about Randall Basset's book since at least 2000 on alt.m.t. and as recently as 2007 on FFL. But not one single informant bothered to read the book - and apparently nobody has struck a mock self-defensive pose until now. Go figure.

Sad.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

I thought it might be cribbed too, but couldn't find it. "Richaaaaard! Be honest! "

Hate to say it, but a lot of what he wrote was cribbed from an Amazon reader review of a book on karate:

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Karate-Randall-Bassett/dp/0446781649

Check out the review by H. Asbury.

Succinctly and beautifully written, Richard, thank you.

On Sunday, June 1, 2014 12:52 PM, "'Richard J. Williams' punditster@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 6/1/2014 9:49 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... <mailto:turquoiseb@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

                For those of you who never studied martial arts, a
                white belt is the rank you are given as a beginner.

                A white belt is the belt you get when you buy a karate
                uniform. The first class I attended was when my
                parents were stationed in Japan in 1959 in the USAF.
                What is important in martial arts isn't the clothing
                you wear or your rank at a dojo - what is important is
                self control which /begins in the mind/. An effective
                self defense is greatly a function of our awareness of
                the surroundings in the outside world; our ability to
                control the content of our mind under stress; and our
                ability to remove ourselves as a "target" by our
                behavior and mindset. Most instructors only give lip
                service to mental preparation such as meditation and
                spend more time discussing physical tactics. Self
                defense is as much mental as physical.

                This email is free from viruses and malware because
                avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com/> protection is
                active.

---
is active.