On 6/1/2014 10:04 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

On 6/1/2014 9:26 PM, emilymaenot@... <mailto:emilymaenot@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Now Share knows who to attribute to her opinion that it was
    "succinctly and beautifully written". <smile>

    Oh my Gawd!!! Richard quoted a review on Amazon by a fellow that
    quoted Randall Bassett almost verbatim from the book. Let's see -
    I've been posting about Randall Basset's book since at least 2000
    on alt.m.t. and as recently as 2007 on FFL. But not one single
    informant bothered to read the book - and apparently nobody has
    struck a mock self-defensive pose until now. Go figure.

    Ohhh Ricky, plagiarism. I'm shocked and disappointed. You've been
    found out. Somehow I don't think this would have surprised Bob
    Price. However, it would have gotten you kicked out of University
    if you were a student and fired if you were a Professor. Luckily,
    this is just FFL.

So, it's all about Ricky.

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <authfriend@...>
    <mailto:authfriend@...> wrote :

    Sad.

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <emilymaenot@...>
    <mailto:emilymaenot@...> wrote :

    I thought it might be cribbed too, but couldn't find it.
    "Richaaaaard!  Be honest! "

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <authfriend@...>
    <mailto:authfriend@...> wrote :

    Hate to say it, but a lot of what he wrote was cribbed from an
    Amazon reader review of a book on karate:

    http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Karate-Randall-Bassett/dp/0446781649

    Check out the review by H. Asbury.

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <sharelong60@...>
    <mailto:sharelong60@...> wrote :

    Succinctly and beautifully written, Richard, thank you.

    On Sunday, June 1, 2014 12:52 PM, "'Richard J. Williams'
    punditster@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

    On 6/1/2014 9:49 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@...
    <mailto:turquoiseb@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

                    For those of you who never studied martial arts,
                    a white belt is the rank you are given as a
                    beginner.

                    A white belt is the belt you get when you buy a
                    karate uniform. The first class I attended was
                    when my parents were stationed in Japan in 1959
                    in the USAF. What is important in martial arts
                    isn't the clothing you wear or your rank at a
                    dojo - what is important is self control which
                    /begins in the mind/. An effective self defense
                    is greatly a function of our awareness of the
                    surroundings in the outside world; our ability to
                    control the content of our mind under stress; and
                    our ability to remove ourselves as a "target" by
                    our behavior and mindset. Most instructors only
                    give lip service to mental preparation such as
                    meditation and spend more time discussing
                    physical tactics. Self defense is as much mental
                    as physical.

                    This email is free from viruses and malware
                    because avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com/>
                    protection is active.

    This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
    Antivirus <http://www.avast.com/> protection is active.

---
is active.
        • Re... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]