---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Well, that seems to have worked out well for you. Have you noticed that the
desires you had back in the beginning are not the ones you have now? That
desires become more modulated, almost like they are virtual, as if they are not
quite real, and that only a few actually break surface enough to act on? You
seem to cruise through FFL and what people say about you rarely seems to stick.
What sort of courses are you taking? Advanced metallurgy? How to make crop
circles using common garden implements and atomic fusion? Pulse diagnosis using
time-slice topographic laser mapping (that means you do not have to touch the
person)?

 I spent part of the day lying on my back in the hospital getting samples
extracted from my thyroid. I seem to have spent more time around hospitals
lately, and not just for me. Maybe it is a function of advancing age. Someone
close to me had a ruptured appendix. Now afterwards, friends mentioned they had
friends or family that also had ruptured appendices (one each) and had died.
Fortunately this turned out OK for my person, but people often delay thinking
something else is wrong, and much to their surprise, they no longer exist.

 I can relate. I, too, have had fine needle aspirations of my thyroid and
although they did not indicate cancer they did need to take a goodly amount of
the real thing to determine if those nodules were indeed benign. After surgery
and losing half my thyroid they eventually figured out that the nodules were
benign but in the meantime I need to take thryroxin to supplement my poor half
a thryroid gland. Thyroids are very persnickety.