What you say about Guru Dev has been confirmed by Theosophists.
According to Benjamin Creme, Guru Dev is indeed a Master of Masters having
reached a stage of human development of 6.0 at the time of dropping the body in
1953. Most of the Masters in the Hierarchy are were between 4 and 5 at the end
of Their last incarnation.
Guru Dev is second in evolution only to the eldest known soul on this planet,
today in incarnation with the name Maitreya who has a point of evolution of
7.0.
To put it in perspective, most of the population in incarnation on earth today
has not yet taken the first Initiation.

How do these ratings get figured out and who does the rating?

Silly wabbit. This esoteric and oh-so-special knowledge is transmitted to the
oh-so-special knowers of reality who espouse it as the result of a secret
initiation performed personally by Benjamin Creme himself. I dare not reveal
all of the occult details of how this precious knowledge is transmitted to the
deserving, but I can say that it involves bending over in a posture of humble
supplication, and the judicious use of K-Y Jelly.  :-)
  • [FairfieldLife]... mail_uzer
    • [Fairfield... nablusoss1008
        • [F... nablusoss1008
            • ... nablusoss1008