Yes, A force of nature. Sorely needed for these times. Glad you enjoyed what I
had to say - Same here, with your post. ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote : Beautiful ! Maharishi was indeed a warrior
and surely delighted in constantly stirring up things even though he covered
his tracks perfectly; you could never see the delight he must have felt in
stretching the boundaries in everyone around him. His dharma, a part of his
mission and not a source of enjoyment. New projects, projects abandonded
continously not for the sake of accomplishing much but to stretch the limit of
the souls involved to the max.
 And the total abandon with which he did it. No fear whatsoever even if it
meant challenging the people to organize a 7000 course in FF on a few weeks
notice from scratch sitting on a couch in Washington DC looking carefree as
ever.
 I think others have more fun in seeing the reactions and unstressing following
the Raja-thing than he did. It's amusing to watch that even the facial
expressions of the Rajas receives comments here unaware of the fact that the
photo was taken on the cremation day.
 It's a marvelous plan and it unfolds perfectly.
 Regarding the uniforms, being a Khasatrya he wanted to introduce this all
along, particularily in Seelisberg but the time wasn't ripe and the
participants refused. But when time was right it surely created waves and
continues to do so till this day :-)
Maharishi was not exactly a kumbayah type of guy. Many of the things he did,
were meant to challenge people's boundaries. He operated as a teacher, but came
from the warrior caste. So he waged war on ignorance, constantly, through his
teaching, and the way he structured his organization.
 Which is not to say, that to question what he did, labels any of us as
ignorant, any more than to blindly agree with him, means the opposite. He was a
very provocative person, and would be pleased no doubt, to see that he stirred
up so many questions within you, with his rajas.

 That questioning is the key, I have found, to unlocking everything he said, or
did, and getting the most out of it. Along with taking it lightly. Not very
many of us get to be a Maharishi, or a Robin Williams, or a Lauren Bacall, or
any of these great public figures that help to shape our lives, by living
theirs. It is not in my DNA to align myself completely with any one of them,
but it would be a dreary and boring world, without them.

 As for the rajas, I think being one is a real mind blower - Maharishi
deliberately made it so, including the uniforms. Line in the sand, and all
that. ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote : ---In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote : When the whole
raja thing came about, people came up to me on more than one occasion and asked
what it was like to be the brother of a raja. My reply was that it's exactly
like not being the brother of a raja, except now people come up to me and ask
what it's like to be the brother of a raja. I was tempted to have a t-shirt
printed with, "My brother became a raja, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

 I am sure you have taken some indirect, and perhaps direct, flak about this
Raja business. And because I like you (even though I don't really know you) I
always am aware that when I make a comment about Rajas that your brother is one
and it makes me feel just a teeny bit guilty. However, the Raja concept is one
I have a hard time wrapping my proverbial head around because:
 A) Their wardrobe is preposterous
 B) There don't appear to be any female Rajas (maybe they declined the option,
seeing as the wardrobe is not good).
 C) The idea of this hierarchical monarchy business just seems so strange and
elitist and transparent since it's based on monetary contributions.
 D) I'm jealous and really want to wear a white robe emblazoned with gold
embroidery.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote : ---In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote : How you know? Have you
bitten one to check and see if its gold?Gold or tin, they'll both bend between
a set of teeth. The higher the gold content, the softer it is. I'm thinking
these guys actually wanted to be Pope but had to settle for Raja instead.

 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>To:
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 5:37 PMSubject: Re:
[FairfieldLife] Re: Relating to spiritual teachers (was Re:
8/12&13/14-Maharishi...)
   ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote : You know good
and well those are solid gold - the rajas wouldn't be caught dead in a tin
hat.Trust me, they're tin.

 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>To:
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 11:08 AMSubject:
Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Relating to spiritual teachers (was Re:
8/12&13/14-Maharishi...)
   ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote : From:
"anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

   I sat in on a movement meeting once, and the person speaking was giving out
instructions on how to behave around the movement rajas...

I can only hope that the instructions contained a segment on how to keep from
breaking out into uncontrollable laughter when you see them truckin' along to
the sound of bagpipe music, wearing their robes and crowns.

 For once I agree with you, it is about as phony and silly as it gets. And they
all look so serious, as if those cheap tin crowns are indicative anything other
than bad headgear.