 It would be nice if TM actually worked as advertised and taught, that is, we
really did transcend to pure bliss consciousness right from the beginning. If
that were the case we'd all be enlightened by now. Unfortunately, that is NOT
the case, hence you have TM'ers (like me) 40+ years and still have basic
problems.

 "The devil is in the details", and MMY oversold TM in order to get as many
started as possible, did the ends justify the means?, maybe....TM does work, it
just takes a lot longer than we were led to believe and perhaps even M finally
realized. (Some say it could take as long as 7 lifetimes to reach our full
'mental' potential.) Relax, You were never born and never die.

 That being said, I'm a lot better off having started TM than not....(just a
little perspective on the subject). Maharishi and Hyperbole [optimism is more
correct.] go together, TM is still the best entry level program to the overall
study of Yoga, though it just scratches the surface, IMHO. The Knowledge is
deeper. Read thru the Footnotes of the "Constitution of India fulfilled through
Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation" it is the essence of Vedant.

 PS. No mantra, no thought and no bliss? Correct.No transcendental
consciousness!! sorry Charlie (tuna). The experience of the transcendental is
Sat-Chit-Ananda! Where's the beef? I'm veggie.

          • ... nablusoss1008
        • [F... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife]... wgm4u
    • [Fairfield... danfriedman2002