 It was a seamless performance - almost like a centaur. Horses are so light on
their feet, too (which are smaller than ours), all while carrying a person and
saddle! I hope it doesn't hurt the horse's neck to be reined in tight like
that. I see it enough that I suppose not, but it does look somewhat
uncomfortable.

 The outline of the horse is determined mostly by the horse. You couldn't pull
that horse's neck in like that if you were hanging on for your life and pulling
with all your might - the horse is still stronger. It is the way the horse
naturally goes when its back is working and the hindlegs engaged. It would be
impossible for the horse to do what it does at this level unless it is using
its topline, its back muscles. An inverted horse is a weak horse and in pain -
one that is round is comfortable as long as it has been developed and trained
over time to become educated and it muscles strengthened. You can overdo the
use of the curb rein for sure and there are times when bad dressage riders ride
overbent but as long as the front profile of the horse's nose is not behind the
vertical you are okay. Trust me, if this horse was hurting he wouldn't do what
he does for that rider. They are the perfect team and a once-in-a-hundred years
phenomenon. This particular performance is a freestyle which means they
choreographed certain required Grand Prix movements to music of their choice in
the sequence of their choice. The double canter pirouettes are astounding -
trust me! Thanks for watching. Now, to see it in real life is even more
spectacular.

 See photo of horse naturally passaging and see how it holds its head and neck
with no rider, no bit.

 Thanks, and as part of our mutual admiration society, I marvel at your ability
to both ride, and care for, horses, who I am convinced come from another planet
- well, not convinced, but their power, size, beauty, intelligence and
wonderful weirdness, is astounding. My contribution is watching "Mr. Ed", aka,
"Bamboo Harvester", on TV.

 Heh. I have a personal theory that horses are closer to the celestial realm
than other animals. I also want to share with you an incredible horse/rider
combination who are currently competing at the World Equestrian Games in
Normandy. These two are as close as you can get to the ideal in dressage,
indeed, the ideal in what riding is all about. Please have a look, this is
their freestyle ridden just yesterday by Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DptNN7CdfSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DptNN7CdfSM

 Yes, agreed. Even if I don't revel in the feelings his art evokes in me, I
respect his effort, his skill in getting his message across, and his nakedness,
in putting such deep stuff out there, for all to see, and judge.

 Said like a guy who appreciates all kinds of art and is an artist himself.
Always enjoy you Mac.

 Thanks. The exhibit could travel next to Fairfield, and be displayed at MUM -
Provocative stuff. His work is well done, and he puts a lot of skill and effort
into it. I guess the art world needs those who focus on darker themes as Lynch
often does. A little goes a long way, though.

 Yes, interesting. I love the man with the long arms and the matches. His
"little" pieces are like small exposes or revelations of a moment or event  -
not exactly Botticelli or Raphael but evocative and worth a look at. I can't
pretend to know what animates Lynch but he is a thoughtful man and his art
certainly is worth a look at.

 I guarantee if any art student at MUM put produced some garbage like this, the
university would send them home with a note to their parents saying "get your
son some psychiatric help!"

 What a joke the Movement has become.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/arts/design/museum-show-for-david-lynch-who-began-as-a-visual-artist.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&module=inside-nyt-region&region=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-regionhttp://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/arts/design/museum-show-for-david-lynch-who-began-as-a-visual-artist.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/arts/design/museum-show-for-david-lynch-who-began-as-a-visual-artist.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/arts/design/museum-show-for-david-lynch-who-began-as-a-visual-artist.html

 David Lynch, Who Began as a Visual Artist, Gets a Museu...
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/arts/design/museum-show-for-david-lynch-who-began-as-a-visual-artist.html
 The filmmaker David Lynch, who was first a painter, has his first United
States retrospective, at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.

 View on www.nytimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/arts/design/museum-show-for-david-lynch-who-began-as-a-visual-artist.html
 Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife] Lynch... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]