> On Nov 14, 2005, at 7:20 AM, Peter wrote:
>
> > Yes, yes, it's all so true. SSRS is a fraud. Thank God
> > we all know that now. Spending all that time with MMY
> > from the age of 12 onwards must have had some sort of
> > impact on him. IT IS SO TRUE THAT, "MEDITATORS SHOULD
> > WATCH OUT FOR SWEET POISON."
>
> I don't think that's the point. The point is it shows the extreme
> jealousy of M. who obviously can't deal with the loss of his
> movement to SSRS's now larger and more vital movement...so he puts
> SSRS down to his few remaining students. Not surprising, but not the
> greatest thing one would want to hear.

For the record, the "sweet poison" warning goes
at least as far back as 1998 and referred
specifically to a hyperventilation-type breathing
technique Shankar taught (called, I believe,
Sudarshan Kriya).

According to someone on alt.m.t who had spent time
in Shankar's ashram in 1978, Shankar had only broken
with the TMO fairly recently at the time the person
was posting in 1994.  He was said then not to be
interested in starting a movement (and was known as
Pundit Ravi Shankar; Sri Sri apparently came later).

The point being that at the time MMY issued the
"sweet poison" warning, probably around 1994, the
TMO was still in full swing, and Shankar apparently
did not pose any kind of major threat in terms of
even starting a movement of his own, let alone one
that could compete with the TMO.

Perhaps MMY foresaw that he would do so, but that
doesn't appear to have been evident at the time.

In any case, contrary to Vaj's suggestion, the
"sweet poison" warning about the hyperventilation
technique is hardly a recent development.