I've been thinking about creating a TV series or movie called "10 AC". AC stands for "After Computers". Being the arts/tech field I've been watching the trends and the research. The series would be about society 10 years after an EMP blast from the Sun renders most electronic useless. Not an original idea by any means but it would still be a functioning society just people are happy to not be "connected" so much. Two films that explore this are "Rover" where you see the technology but it no longer works and "Automata" where there is limited technology like no cellphones but pagers.

Sometimes I wonder about EMPs though because I recall helping my dad install insulation back in the 1960s and it was fiberglass with foil lining. When I drilled a hole through the wall in this 60's vintage house it had some foil particles. So the whole house might be one big Faraday cage. And that would also explain why my phone signal is weak in the house and 4 bars outside.

I should explain that the BD players were Ethernet only and I've long had a CAT 5 cable going into the living room. Chromecasts are wifi only.

The technology race is because people need to find something that makes money. Leads to all kinds of crazy things. But it was kinda fun to hangout at Google a week ago. There was a row of Chevy Spark vehicles parked right behind where I parked.

Speaking of EMP, how about that blast in the Ukraine the other day? People are reporting their electronics were knocked out.

Seems we're waiting for the other shoe to drop.