Maybe Judy was correct - it sure looks to me like Anartaxiusis a
passive/aggressive type. According to the Guardian article there is no
explanation yet. Maybe we should attribute the zero murder rate in New York
City to global warming. LoL!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 http://www.globalgoodnews.com/world-peace-a.html?art=142403213127980678
http://www.globalgoodnews.com/world-peace-a.html?art=142403213127980678

 Regarding this story, the East Coast has had an unusual series of Winter
storms. While the Boston area got the brunt of it all, two seasons worth of
snow in the last 23 days, the New York area also was shut down for a couple of
days in this period and its been colder than normal. Right now in my area about
60 miles (100km) from New York City, the temperature is -8ºF (-22ºC) with a
wind chill factor of -22ºF (-30ºC) and a National Weather Service dangerous
wind chill advisory for another hour or so. Now that the Sun is up here, it's
starting to get a bit warmer.

 This seems to be a better explanation. It's frigging cold here with more snow
than usual. People are staying in their homes more, etc. Also there is more
awareness of police presence due to the incidents earlier a couple of deaths at
the hands of police and the murder of policemen and huge funerals for these
people, including a large number of police from other states recently attending
the policemens' funerals in a show of solidarity.

 Even so, statistically it seems unlikely any explanation is really very solid
to explain the drop in crime.

 The temperature has now risen to -1ºF (-18ºC). A balmy day!

      • Re: [Fairfie... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfie... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfie... feste37
        • Re: [Fai... rich...@rwilliams.us [FairfieldLife]