 From: "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:07 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Barry Wright's nar-ci-fan-ta-stun-ted world

 Just to follow up on this.

 Yes, xeno, you can still have difficult days, even if you practice TM, which I
try to do once a day.

 Perhaps you struggle under the assumption, as some others here do, that TM
should solve all problems.

 I am afraid to inform you that it does not.

 I do not struggle with this assumption at all, I never had this assumption.
The objection is to the way it is advertised 'The Solution to All Problems'. It
is the deceptive marketing and the unnecessary fluff it is embedded with. In
fact I ignored most of the sales patter. I had already had some moderately
clear experiences that gave me a clue as to what enlightenment was about, and I
was looking for a compatible meditation method.

 However, you may be heartened to learn, that the practice may give you a
clearer, and more settled state of mind, such that you can deal with difficult
situations in a more balanced way.

 I learned this long ago, and yet TM (and mostly equivalent techniques) are not
for this either. Life does not change, these techniques are simply to get one
to see that, to change one's perspective of a world that is absolute. There is
some fallout, such as psychosomatic disturbances becoming less, but these are
all side-effects. Promoting the side-effects as a reason for meditating is
putting the cart before the horse, and it sets up unreasonable expectations for
those whose nature is to fall into the trap of unreasonable expectations.

 Please let me know if you'd like me to elaborate, and I will be glad to do so.

 Not necessary.

 I'm here for ya.

 As for Jim's role at the peak, I believe you are a regular contributor there,
and I don't recall that you have run afoul of any rules, written or unwritten.

 You may praise FFL, but I would say the worthwhile content has gone down to
about 5% from maybe a peak of 20%.

 The trend does not look promising, IMO.

 The Peak has had a few good conversations, but it is pretty sappy most of the
time. When people are challenged, often in an unreasonable way, an unfair way,
you get to see their real psychology come forth, and get a better sense of
their level of knowledge and how they express it. When everything is nicey
nicey, that knowledge stays hidden, so you cannot tell if it is there or not.