 From: "steve.sundur@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:49 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Barry Wright's nar-ci-fan-ta-stun-ted world

   Well, honestly, I find this rather fascinating, and really, hoping I can
learn something from it.

 This notion that if people are challenged in an unreasonable way it can turn
into a "teaching moment"

 On the other hand, maybe you have a point, and really I am not trying to be
duplicitous here, but,....

  would it be analogous to say, what the nazis did to prisoners, in terms of
experiments like subjecting people to extreme heat, or extreme cold, or other
tortureous experiments in the name of research.

 The results of those "experiments" were useful to science.  Honestly, they
were.

 So, is it along those lines?

 No

 Or I guess, you mean something milder like just misrepresenting someone,
(short of legal slander, I presume) just see how they respond?

 I would think you'd have a better idea of a person's inner quality by engaging
in a more civil conversation which often will have its own edginess.

 Most beings - animals, humans, creatures typically don't respond well to being
wronged, or hurt physically.

 Even animals can be subjected to a sort of misrepresentation.  Typically that
falls under the category of "cruelty to animals"

 I guess I just find this statement of yours, which you've repeated often,
curious.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 The Peak has had a few good conversations, but it is pretty sappy most of the
time. When people are challenged, often in an unreasonable way, an unfair way,
you get to see their real psychology come forth, and get a better sense of
their level of knowledge and how they express it. When everything is nicey
nicey, that knowledge stays hidden, so you cannot tell if it is there or not.