 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 So now you're saying that the Yogic Flyers aren't really "hopping like a frog?"

 Forget all that. My new guru has taught me that walking fast is the first
stage in running through the light barrier. I'm just going to huff and puff to
the cafe and test it out.

 Just think, one day I'll get there before my grandfather was born. I wonder
what the future will be like, disappointing maybe?

 I just can't participate in any of this any more...it's just too embarrassing
for Lawson. I mean, here is a guy who has never in his life had the curiosity
to even *try* some other form of meditation other than TM, and he's trying to
sell the pseudo-science that was created to keep him believing that TM was the
"best" form of meditation. It's like someone waving their kindergarten coloring
book at you and claiming it's the most advanced textbook on physics ever
written.

 I love how convinced he is about it. Probably got that from Marshy, he always
sounded like he knew what he was talking about just because he seemed convinced
himself.

 Lawson is IMO a perfect example of the reason the TMO does "research."
Contrary to popular opinion, the research is NOT done to convince
non-meditators of the efficacy of the meditation technique in order to sell TM
to more new people.

 Nay, IMO the research is for the *existing* TMers who have been doing it for
years *without any real experiences to speak of*. Unwilling to face this fact
and maybe try some other technique that might actually deliver on its promises,
they cling to the "research" and believe that if *others* are experiencing all
of this cool stuff, then they should keep on keepin' on themselves. The TM
"research" is to hold on to the organization's "base" and keep them following
the carrot.

 Let's not forget its power as advertising. Everyone knows science carries
weight so being able to say you have 4000 studies published in 750 peer
reviewed journals is a big help with the apparent credibility. No matter how
well or not it stands up, and a lot of it is crap. Some of the newer stuff is
better but they make unreasonable claims for it and even had to be told to stop
using some results from the AMA because they simply weren't true.

 They totally blew it when they tried to stop non-accredited TM teachers from
using the same research in their literature though. What happened about that I
wonder?