In practicality, That an availability is 'limited' through re-certified
teachers, MJ in writing his usual mean and aggressive negativity here raises a
valid point within it in offering these excerpts from the J. Am. Heart
Association memo.
 Limited availability is one thing, but further I also run in to a corollary
fact that a general public also does not necessarily like going in to the Peace
Palaces for learning TM. Possibly this is what the memo is also driving at.
..Way too much carry-on baggage with TM.

 From the J.AmHeart Association memo:
 “..TM was not invented to lower BP. We acknowledge that meditation techniques
may offer numerous benefits to people. Nevertheless, we believe that existing
limitations need to be addressed before revisiting a higher class of
recommendation concerning TM..”

 Evidently contact with the tru-believer re-certified side of the movement is
too obviously odd, setting off cult-radar 'warnings' in many who may go near.
This is a cultural thing. Though culturally modified the David Lynch Foundation
side of TM is more extra-territorial or secular to the re-cert side or strict
movement certified facilities that present a whole glossy panoply of TM Vedic
things. The whole vedic thing evidently seems too much cult-like Scientology
today as cult. That can evidently can be worked with as with the good work of
the DLF.
 -Buck, a transcendent meditator in Fairfield, Iowa

 Which shows that the TM leaders and their medical shills like that jack-ass
Bob Schneider are greedy for nothing less than a world wide endorsement of TM
as the sovereign remedy to cure all society's ills and all man's diseases.

 And a few other excerpts from the letter:

 "About practicality, there is a marked difference between providing a
treatment in a randomized controlled trial and referring unselected patients
with hypertension for TM training in clinical practice. TM is also more
expensive than other approaches ($1500), and access to certified training may
be more limited. For example, the Cleveland area has only 2 listed sites
covering a population of ≈2 million people

 We objectively and fairly presented the published data about the lowering of
BP from TM. Its efficacy was indeed shown to be on par with some other
alternative approaches when cross-comparing summary meta-analyses results
(although few direct comparisons are available). We clearly stated that most
approaches have modest efficacy (not just TM), and that patients requiring >10
mm Hg reductions should be monitored closely.

 TM was not invented to lower BP. We acknowledge that meditation techniques may
offer numerous benefits to people. Nevertheless, we believe that existing
limitations need to be addressed before revisiting a higher class of
recommendation concerning TM for the sole purposes of managing high BP"

 Had I been the doctor replying to Greedy Bob's request to mark TM as being the
be all and end all of life, I would have concluded the letter by saying "Bob
Schneider can kiss my ass, not on the left side and not on the right side, but
right down the middle."