Johnson & Johnson has a division in India which owns (or at least did own) Dabur a manufacturer of ayurvedic remedies. Weird, eh?

On 03/30/2015 09:52 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Buffett is as big an asshole as ever lived. He disowned one of his granddaughters for appearing in /The One Percent,/ a documentary by Johnson & Johnson heir Jamie Johnson about the gap between rich and poor in America.

Screw Buffett.

*From:* "anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Monday, March 30, 2015 12:36 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: "Mind of the Meditator"

Away for a day and the thread moves on to other things. My take on the wealthy is some people pay attention to some of them, like Warren Buffet because he has had a rather astounding ability to make money and is nonetheless perceived as a fairly normal person without a lot of pretension. As for the 'Mind of the Meditator' my experience is that over a long period of time, for me, TM has resulted in 'open monitoring', the technique working in a kind of back door approach. TM and mindfulness are now essentially identical because there is no inner/outer dimension to meditation. That would be to say the techniques, though different in their approach, result in convergent evolution of experience as far as result. Once open monitoring is established, TM becomes more effort-full compared to mindfulness because you actually have to do something to initiate the process while with open monitoring, you need do nothing. For beginning meditators this distinction is different for it appears TM is a bit more efficient in helping people deal with discursive thought which tends to be rampant with newbie meditators, but this difference diminishes over time. TM mythology seems less adaptable to scientific discourse than do certain forms of Buddhist explanations for the nature of enlightenment, and seems to promote belief in imaginary ideas beyond what is necessary to get someone interested in enlightenment, which is much much less than what people imagine it to be.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

Actually, people DO pay attention to what billlionaires say and do.

You have completely departed from reality with this statement. Nobody gives a toss what millionaires do, their lives are so far removed from ours that they might as well be alien.

It's like the celebrity obsession the TMO has, so what if some model or actress does the same sort of meditation, are they really so dumb they think people go "Wow, such and such does it, I'm gonna give it a try!" What do they take people for?

They really DO set the trends and fashions of society.

Bullshit. Would you hang out with someone who dressed like Bill Gates?

And of course, when Ray Dalio appears on the stage with Bob Roth, it makes all sorts of headlines in business journals.

Cultmania. I love it.