And yet, Doug is who you continually write about.

 And your social interaction is primarily on the internet, in front of a
television, or sitting alone at a bar drinking a beer.

 A frustrated writer stuck in a rut writing variations of the same theme to get
a rise out of people, out of the misguided notion that you are doing them a
favor.

 It might be sad, but it's really of greater interest as a study in narcissism.

 I don't know about you, but I prefer spending the rest of *my* incarnation
with people who live in the present, not in dreams of the past and how
important they think they were in that past. I really can't justify interacting
with Doug and people who think like him any more, because it seems to only
encourage them to invest more heavily in their delusions, as opposed to shaking
them off.