As Winston Churchill once said: if you are young and not idealistic, you
haven't got a heart.

 If you are old and not a realist, you haven't got a brain.

 That pretty much sums it up.

 Most of us got over the idealistic phase pretty quickly.

 And you know, the other saying, about taking what you want and leaving the
rest.

 Generally a good philosophy.

 God I remember the days when I and my TM friends really believed that everyone
would one day wake up to the glory of TM and TMSP and everyone would be doing
it, and the world would be happy. We utterly ignored the experience that most
of us were struggling in various ways financial, relationships and health just
to name three.

 It was delusional.