When the human body dies, the consciousness gets absorbed back into the cosmic
consciousness. There is no individual "soul" that remains, reincarnates in
another human body after nine days in the Bardo.

 So Sal what do you think happens to the individual human awareness when the
body wears out?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <sa...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 It wears out too as it's part of the body. No more body, no more awareness.

 When the body dies, along with it's senses, only the pure consciousness
remains. Only consciousness exists absolutely.

 If there was no consciousness, then existence would disappear for everyone and
there would be no common constructed character of knowing. But, we know that
things and events do occur after someone dies, but not for the dying
individual. Everyone else that remains alive will continue to be conscious of
thoughts, actions, etc.

 I'm happy to receive evidence to the contrary though and won't be disappointed
if I get into heaven, not that there's much chance of that....

 Non sequitur.