It's a Potemkin Village all the way down, Steve.

 Doctor: When did become aware that you despised fellow human beings, Barry?

 BW: Doc, when they don't agree with me.  That is why I've instituted my TPR,
Two Post Rule on a chat room I participate in.

 Doc: TPR? What may I ask is that?

 BW: SImple, Doc.  I put something out there.  Oh, I don't know, but usually it
involves slamming another person's beliefs or opinions.  And here's the thing,
Doc, I give them two, exactly two, posts to come around to my way of thinking,
or I hit 'em with my patented straw man.  I call him Fred.

 Doc:  I see. It sounds like you and Fred have quite an active internet life on
discussion groups.

 BW: Leeeets just say Fred and I stay preeetty busy.

 Doc: Well, that still doesn't explain fully, how it is you've come to have
such a low opinion of your fellow human beings.

 BW: Doc, I'm sorry, but you're being too generous.  They are plain stupid.
Believing in things like a higher power, or  following religious traditions.

 Doc: So I take it you don't subscribe to any sort of belief system of that
sort?

 BW: Oh, I do Doc, I do.  I believe in an after life.  But here's how I get
around it.  If someone asks me anything about it, I simply say, "Doesn't
matter, not one bit"

 Doc: Okay, I see. So you've pretty much just decided not to give much thought
to the whole issue?

 BW: Oh sure Doc, at one point I did, but I realized that in order to solidify
my credentials as real spiritual rebel, I needed to embrace the "nothing
matters" ideology.  I've got a reputation to maintain Doc.  So basically I shit
on anything that doesn't suit my fancy, and it seems to work. Keeps people at a
safe distance, actually.

 Doc:  I see.  Well, I hope it's working out for you.

 It certainly wouldn't be difficult to design a better intelligence than the
pathetic version that humans have displayed over the centuries. The first
concept that a halfway decent AI would throw out as the joke it is is religion.