> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Do teachers and guides create the game by first disclosing "you are
> > bound and ignorant"? And then further the game by saying "and here
> > is the path to get out of boundaries and ignorance" ?
>
> I suspect it varies with the individual. I
> had the sense of being "bound" (although I
> didn't call it that) long before I ever
> encountered any teaching about how to become
> unbound.
>
> <snip>
> > Your world view appears to include the oblivious (unaware of the
> > existence of boundaries) , seekers (aware of boundaries and seeking
> > to escape them)  and the liberated (aware that boundaries do not
> > exist.)
> >
> > It is still not clear why and how the first and third are different?
> > Are you saying one needs to be aware of a state of delusion prior to
> > liberation in order to be liberated?
>
> Not necessarily.  Sometimes it happens
> spontaneously, coming as a big surprise.
>
> > No that doesn't make much sense in that if boundaries never existed,
> > ignorance never existed.
>
> "Reality is different in different states of
> consciousness."

If that fits your story, then fine. It doesn't make it a universal
truth. (Is there ushc a thing?)

> The reality that boundaries
> never existed is specific to the "liberated"
> state of consciousness.

And the lack of recognition of any boundaries belong many peoples
awareness that have not bought in to a "bondage / ignorance" story.a

> The reality of those
> who are not yet liberated is that boundaries
> do exist.

If they have bought into a bondage story.

> > Seems to be the "seekers" trap.
> >
> > Why can't someone simply be happy where they are now, without first
> > having to imagine unreal boundaries, and unreal ignorance of the
> > fact that the boundaries and ignorance  are unreal?
>
> Because to those who are not yet liberated, as
> noted, the boundaries are very real indeed.

To some I am sure they are. A self-recognition of boundaries --
whether real or not -- that is their perception. But there is a thrid
group that your story doesn't seem to recognize: those that don't
experience boundaries and have not bought into a bondage game or story.