To further my point of Yahoo Groups guidelines, back in the day when we first started post limits, I always joked that if they told anyone one at Yahoo we had posting limits they're response would have been "you have what!!!".

We have speed limits of 25 mph on some of our city side streets. They regularly post a cop car with radar at the church halfway up the nearby hill where the limit is 25. But you won't get a ticket for doing 30. The limit is so someone doesn't race up the hill at 50 and collide with someone trying to exit the shopping center. It's very blind at that point. So they probably only issue tickets for over 35.

Similarly a friend who had a heart attack right before Xmas has been very strict about his diet to the point of obsession. Ah, but he still smokes. He doesn't want to dine out because there's "too much sodium in restaurant food." Doctors hand out these guidelines knowing you will break them every so once in a while but not enough to create a problem.